Kingcombe Photography Competition 2017
The Kingcombe Centre launch photographic competition with £500 of prizes!
In 2017, we are celebrating 30 years of Kingcombe Meadows Nature Reserve, a stunning swathe of over 450 acres of unimproved pastures, wildflower meadows, woodlands and ancient hedgerows in the heart of the rolling hills and vales of west Dorset.
We would like you to be part of this creative celebration and share with us your special places out around the nature reserve, your favourite wildlife shots or your memorable experiences at Kingcombe. In doing so we hope to get a snap shot of what Kingcombe means to you in its 30th anniversary year.
You don’t need to be an expert or have expensive equipment, we will welcome images from all including mobile phones. They just need to be taken at Kingcombe and be at least 2 MB.
One winning entry will receive a voucher worth £300 for use at The Kingcombe Centre.
One highly commended entry will receive a £100 voucher for use at The Kingcombe Centre
One highly commended entry from Under 18's will recieve a £100 voucher for use at The Kingcombe Centre
Entries close on 31st August 2017 and winners will be notified by 30th September 2017.
An exhibition of the winners and our judges favourites will be held at the centre during the Kingcombe Autumn Weekend (Saturday 21st – Sunday 22nd October 2017)
How to enter …
Please submit your entries as a JPEG via email or file-sharing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your photos in a largest format possible. The maximum email size we can receive is 10MB, so photos should be sent in multiple emails if they exceed 10MB in total. Alternatively, they should be sent to us via a file sharing software such as WeTransfer MailBigFile or similar but you MUST email us to confirm you have sent your entry in this way.
All photos must include in their file name YOUR NAME, PLACE and DATE IT WAS TAKEN
eg John_Smith_100417_LadysMead.jpg (just tag Kingcombe if you are not sure of the exact location)
You must provide your contact details including day time telephone number.
By submitting your photos to this competition, you are deemed to have accepted the Terms below.
Kingcombe Photograph Competition 2017 - Terms and Conditions
1. This Photo Competition is organised by the Dorset Wildlife Trust’s Kingcombe Centre.
2. The competition is open to residents of the UK only. Overseas entries will not be considered.
3. Photographers can enter a maximum of 10 images
4. All entries must be the solitary work of the photographer and should not have been published for profit at the time of entry into the competition. By submitting your photographs you confirm that they are your own original work and do not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party.
5. Digital adjustments are allowed but the integrity of the image must be maintained. Dorset Wildlife Trust’s Kingcombe Centre reserve the right to disqualify any image that they feel lacks authenticity due to over-manipulation.
6. If your photograph features any recognisable person or people, written permission should be obtained for the image to be entered in the competition and to be published online and in all media as required. Written permission from each recognisable person (or their parents/guardians if under 16) should be submitted for each entry. A Consent form is available for download from our website or request one via email.
7. The winner will be selected by appointed judges and the decision of the judges is final.
8. The Dorset Wildlife Trusts’s Kingcombe Centre reserves the right not to award any or all of the prizes. Winning vouchers can only be redeemed against workshops, courses, events or accommodation and are valid for 12 months from date of issue. Alternative prizes are not available and prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. Details of the winning entry will be posted on the website www.kingcombe.org
9. Your personal information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The information that you have provided will be used by the Dorset Wildlife Trust’s Kingcombe Centre for the purposes of managing the competition only.
10. Copyright of entered images will rest with the photographer. Entry into the competition however will permit unrestricted use of the photos by the Dorset Wildlife Trust only for any purpose (for example in publicity material including published and electronic media). Images will always carry the photographer's credit. The Dorset Wildlife Trust reserve the right to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, mechanically or electronically the entries from the competition for use free of charge. We may ask for a higher resolution image for publication or reproduction.
11. Staff and Trustees of the Dorset Wildlife Trust are not permitted to enter.
12. Dorset Wildlife Trust and the Kingcombe Centre reserve the right to cancel this competition at any stage.
13. Dorset Wildlife Trust’s The Kingcombe Centre reserve the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these rules.
14. If the winning entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, the Dorset Wildlife Trust’s Kingcombe Centre reserves the right to offer the prize to the next best entry.
If you have any queries before entering the competition, please contact our office.