Flapjack with sultanas, almonds and apricots
(Above) Flapjack by Pete Thomson
Sultana, almond and apricot flapjack - delicious as a snack or a pudding!
- 350 g oats
- 150g butter
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 25ml golden syrup
- Handful sultanas
- Handful almonds
- Handful Chopped dried apricots
- Melt butter, sugar & syrup in a pan
- Pour into the oats, dried fruit & nuts
- Stir well & pour into a backing tray lined with paper.
- Flatten out
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees
- Leave to cool & cut into pieces
If you don't like washing up...
...Pete has some already made at the Kingcombe Cafe! You can walk it off through a wild flower meadow and have a day out exploring the reserve - a perfect spring day!