Why should I choose the Kingcombe Centre?
- Our location allows you to immerse yourself in the tranquillity of 450 acres of stunning nature reserve right outside our door providing an inspirational backdrop
- Our size allows us to create an enriched personal experience by offering small groups, comfortable accommodation and home made food. A real home from home.
- Our people include leading national experts, inspirational teachers and a small professional customer service team focussed on you.
- We are proud to say that all our heating and hot water is generated onsite using the latest environmentally sensitive wood pellet boiler system and photovoltaic solar panels.
- Our food is either grown in our gardens or sourced locally as much as possible
Residential (R) Includes full board, sole occupancy accommodation, all tuition / guided activities, transport and materials where applicable
Non-Residential (NR) Includes all of the above except accommodation and breakfast
Day Workshop / Event (D) Includes all tuition / guided activities, specified caterin, transport and materials where applicable
Weekend Special Breaks Many of our workshops are scheduled so you can make your own crafty or wildlife weekend getaway. Simply add a B&B package.
Here are some of your Frequently Asked Questions
What type of accommodation is included?
We offer comfortable accommodation in our beautiful lodge right next to the centre with all en-suite rooms except one with private bathroom (all linen is included). Guests have use of a communal kitchenette with tea and coffee making facilities and lounge area. There is free WIFI throughout the centre. We have one disabled access room on the ground floor.
Can you tell me more about the food?
Home made honest food is at the heart of our menu. Home grown produce from our veggie garden, foraged fruits from the orchard and hedgerows, fresh beef and lamb from our own cattle and sheep grazed on the Kingcombe Meadows, all feature seasonally. We have an honesty bar and can cater for all dietary requirements.
I live locally or wish to stay with friends, can I still book as non-residential?
Yes of course, we offer a non-residential price which includes everything except for Bed and Breakfast. This includes dinner and evening lectures / activities on specific courses.
Are Partners able to join me while I am on a course?
If your partner would like to join you at Kingcombe while you are on your course, we offer excellent Partner Package rates. They can join you for meals and then explore our beautiful reserves or further afield around Dorset. Just ask the Booking Team for more details
Can I extend my stay?
If you are coming from further afield or wish to make a longer break to explore the stunning countryside of Dorset, we offer additional Bed and Breakfast, subject to availability. Prices start from £45 per night (single).
What is the nearest train station?
The nearest train stations are Dorchester South (from London direction) plus a short 20 min taxi ride. Or Maiden Newton (from Bristol direction) only 3 miles but needs taxi pre-ordered.